Linstead Public Hospital
The Linstead Public Hospital was built before 1917 as a treatment centre for tuberculosis cases. It was upgraded to hospital status in 1953 at which time the Accident and Emergency Unit was built. Over time additional buildings were added including staff residence and general medical and surgical services were provided to the community. Currently the hospital is a Type C facility with 87 beds.
The Linstead Public Hospital serves five parishes, St. Catherine, St. Andrew, St. Ann, St. Mary and Clarendon. Referrals are received from 10 health centres in Linstead and other facilities for neighbouring parishes.
Rodney Hall Road
Linstead, St. Catherine
Visiting Hours: 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. &
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
To provide reliable and affordable and quality health care for our customers objectives: Provide minor surgical, medical, paediatrics, obstetrics, psychiatric service Maintain a high standard of care with the aid of our administrative and support staff Provide continuous training and public education our staff and patients Open on a 24 hour basis for all services except pharmacy and X-ray Treat each individual with respect and according to needs.
Accident & Emergency Care
Laboratory and X-Ray