Princess Margaret Hospital
The Princess Margaret Hospital is a Type C Secondary Health Care Facility which serves a population of approximately 120, 000 from the parishes of St Thomas, Eastern Portland and St Andrew. It is the only hospital in the parish of St. Thomas located on the main highway from Morant Bay to Lyssons. It was officially opened and named by Her Royal Highness, Princess Margaret on February 23, 1955, replacing the Morant Bay Hospital, which was badly damaged by Hurricane Charley on August 17, 1951.
54 Lyssons Road
Morant Bay, St. Thomas
Phone: (876) 982-2304
Original Visiting Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. &
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Amended Visiting Hours: 11:00-12:00 noon (amended due to Covid19)
We affirm our commitment to meet the health care needs of the members of our community within the ambit of our competence consistent with our tradition for excellence.
Princess Margaret Hospital envisions an organization which provides:
A clean, safe, healthy environment conducive to speedy recovery.
With an adequately trained staff in all departments, giving quality care to all our clients.
Community needs are met by a disciplined team having good rapport with agencies in the community and excellent interpersonal relationship with each other.
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Anesthesiology (with minimal critical care coverage)
Accident and Emergency